Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Massachusetts Records

In doing research for my Chapin post, I realized that I know the names and most of the dates for all sixteen of my third great-grandfather's second great-grandparents!

I am thankful for the availability of online primary sources for Massachusetts, which are plentiful. I find information at AmericanAncestors.org, Ancestry.com, and FamilySearch.org (enter Massachusetts in the Filter by collection name box). Where else have you found online records for Massachusetts?



The above fan chart for Orramel Chapin was created in Family Tree Maker 2 for Mac.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth-- sorry I haven't popped by for so long.

    I also use FamilySearch.org and Americanancestors.com to find MA records, but I also use Ancestry.com and and Ma-vitalrecords.org (Early Vital Records To The End Of 1849). The person who runs this site has been making actual images of the pages available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this link, Karen. I did not have it bookmarked. As always, thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I don't have any MA ancestors. However, congrats on having such a complete fan chart. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for the Blogiversary wishes. Your comment also made me realize that, although I had written a post for today, I had forgotten to schedule it.

      Delete