Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun ~ Genealogy Database Statistics

Thank you to Randy Seaver for his most recent Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge, the details of which can be found at Genea-Musings. I'm a little late, but decided to rise to the challenge, which is to figure out how to find out how many persons, places, sources, etc. are in my Genealogy Management Program (i.e. my software database) and then to share this information.

I use Family Tree Maker (for Mac). The first screen you see when you start up Family Tree Maker is the Plan screen, which shows the following:


When I click <more> I see the following details:


The most recent birth date was that of my cousin's son in May, but I don't feel comfortable publishing that information, which is why it's blacked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment