Friday, July 15, 2011

Follow Friday ~ FamilySearch

I was doing some exploring of Tennessee records at FamilySearch.org for my sister-in-law's family tree. I had to share what I found at the bottom of the death certificate of my sister-in-law's great grandmother, Alta May Bickel Smoot, (born 29 Aug 1881, died 27 July 1945).


And again, at the bottom of the death certificate of Alta May's mother, Margaret (Schwitzer or Sweitzer) Bickel, who outlived her daughter (born 4 Sept 1853, died 15 November 1947).



The undertaker is Fred Deadman at the Manchester (Tennessee) Funeral Home. Who else would appreciate this but other genealogists?

2 comments:

  1. How funny is that? I bet your posting has brought either more pleasure to a humorous mortician's heart or one more jib. Having known only on mortician, who happened to have a hilarious yet morbid sense of humor, I'm hoping for the former. I did chuckle, although it took me awhile to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. I certainly hope I didn't offend anyone, but it was one of those things that I had to share.

    ReplyDelete